Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Scarf #1

Although I finished knitting this scarf a couple weeks ago, it took me forever to actually block and finish the scarf (though that might be because I knew I had plenty of time before Christmas and was in no hurry to have a wet scarf draped across my small apartment.)

Fortunately, the knitting of this scarf was remarkably easy. Although the pattern is a bit challenging because of all the yarn-overs (and the complex border that just begs for errors that will be abundantly obviously when finished!) Fortunately, since I'd already knitted this pattern once before, I found that after just a couple repeats the pattern came right back to memory.

Although it too much longer to knit than I first expected, I'm fairly happy with the result. I used a rather light-weight yarn, so the end scarf is extremely light-weight as well. As a side note (and this may be the case with all blocking), the pattern greatly expands during the blocking process. I had originally hoped to make this scarf a foot longer, but a major mistake made me cast off many "leaves" earlier than planned; however, I discovered that that was quite the blessing when viewing the long length after blocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment