
Since I finished both of my Christmas scarves, I decided I needed another new project to keep me busy. Since I feel I have a fairly solid grasp of knit/purl and the wonderful combinations they can create, I though my next project should encompass a new, more challenging skill. I have wanted to try fair isle knitting for awhile (but an early attempt really scared me away from it.) However, now that I have a few thousand more stitches under my belt, I felt confident enough to give it another try. Before embarking on a large scale project, I decided to practice with this little snowflake pattern I found online.
Although I'm fairly happy with my first fair isle attempt, I think I need a little more practice before starting a "real" project. When I knit this (on size 6 needles), I had a lot of problems with the two different yarns getting completely tangled. I've read online that it might help to try English knitting one of the strands and Continental knitting with the second. I guess I'll go back and learn Continental knitting to see if that proves any easier...
No comments:
Post a Comment