To knit this scarf, I used worsted-weight wool yarn on size-6 needles. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of knitting with wool - I only tried acrylic and cotton in the past. This was also the first time I've ever actually blocked a finished project. I was amazed at how much nicer my pattern looked once I was finished. Any pattern that has lace aspects to it definitely needs the blocking to help stretch it out (though blocking did add a couple feet to my finished project!)
Thursday, October 28, 2010
The Magic of Blocking
To knit this scarf, I used worsted-weight wool yarn on size-6 needles. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of knitting with wool - I only tried acrylic and cotton in the past. This was also the first time I've ever actually blocked a finished project. I was amazed at how much nicer my pattern looked once I was finished. Any pattern that has lace aspects to it definitely needs the blocking to help stretch it out (though blocking did add a couple feet to my finished project!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment